Professional & Personal Wellness
Forever Employer offers wellness programs to help you actively pursue goals
For you, your family, and your finances.
The WellCard focuses on health and wellness – just another way we add value to our partners and clients (and their employees) at no additional cost. WellCard features services that help both employers and employees reduce costs. Accessing Consult-A-Doctor, a 24/7 telemedicine service, could keep employees on the production line (vs. leaving the worksite for doctor’s office visits) and save them out-of-pocket expenses (travel, time lost and multiple co-pays). There is no cost to the employer or employee for access to the discounts. Other discount programs require a monthly fee for each member to access services that may or may not be used. WellCard offers discounts at the point of service when the employee chooses to make a purchase, so employees aren’t paying for services they aren’t taking advantage of.
WellCard discounts may supplement coverage already provided by insurance.
This discount plan allows the consumer to purchase services above and beyond insurance coverage at a discount. For example:
- An insurance plan may only cover one pair of glasses for a year. If an employee breaks or misplaces his or her glasses, he or she will be responsible for purchasing another pair of glasses at 100% retail price. WellCard helps reduce this cost with a discounted rate for glasses and contacts, too.
- You can also use the chiropractic and hearing aid examples in the How it Works with Medical Insurance section!
Discounts are provided for brand-named vendors nationwide.
- Vision vendors listed include: Sears Optical, JC Penney Optical, Target Optical, LensCrafters, Eye Masters, For Eyes Optical, WalMart Vision and most Pearle Vision locations.
- Participating pharmacies include: CVS, Rite-Aid and many local supermarket chains.
- Cash Rewards Mall includes: Barnes & Noble, Target.com and The Home Depot.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate- a well-respected brand in our market
- New capabilities- medical bill saver, video counseling, expanded counselor network
- Finds solutions for sensitive issues including relationship difficulties, resolving debt, stress, depression, substance abuse, caregiving, difficult employees, and more
- Provides critical incident telephonic and onsite support
- Enhanced web and mobile tools
- Dedicated and responsive Colonial Life support team
KOFE (Knowledge of Financial Education)
A commitment to helping America’s families through financial protection
Stress can be a main contributor to poor health.1 Additionally, a recent study found that financial problems lead to stress in more than 46% percent of the U.S. workforce population.2 Colonial Life has partnered with KOFE to help us give back to hard-working Americans more by offering additional services to support financial wellness. Through KOFE, you will receive access to a dedicated financial counselor, access to several financial calculators to assist with budgeting, and the ability to watch videos containing tips on a variety of financial topics.
We hope this service helps you with your financial budgeting and goals.
- Stress: Constant stress puts your health at risk, July 2013, Mayo Clinic
- SHRM Survey Findings: Financial Education Initiatives in the Workplace, 2012, Society for Human Resource Management
Life & Disability Insurance for Individuals
Protect the people who matter most – Your Family & Yourself!
Throughout your life, there’s one priority that stays the same —looking out for the people you love. Whether you’re joining the workforce, supporting a growing family or preparing for retirement, you want what’s best for your loved ones.
If you have a family who depends on you, life insurance is especially important. Without you, would they be able to pay for housing, utilities and other everyday expenses? With life insurance you can tailor coverage for your family’s specific needs. No matter where you are in life, we have coverage options that can help.
If you become disabled from an illness or injury, you could be out of work for an extended period of time. Without an income, would you be able to pay for housing, utilities and other everyday living expenses?
LegalShield / IDShield
Everyone deserves legal protection. LegalShield provides members with affordable attorney access for advice and counsel on an unlimited number of personal legal issues. They are able to represent you by taking care of letters and phone calls on your behalf, review contracts and documents, assist with trial defense, and they are there for 24/7 emergency assistance.
Identity theft can be an easy problem to ignore, until you experience it yourself. Protect your identity with IDShield, the only identity theft protection company armed with a team of dedicated licensed private investigators to restore your identity should it ever become compromised.
A membership-based online shopping experience that earns you up to 30% cashback on organic and non-toxic home goods purchases. Think of quality “warehouse” shopping, but with free delivery options for your home.
Do you live too far away from quality food/home stores? Live Green makes it easy, convenient, and cost effective to have a home full of products that are good for your health, good for your family, and good for the environment.
Dr. Steven Gundry is a cardiologist, heart surgeon, medical researcher, and author. During his 40-year career, Dr. Gundry has performed 10,000 surgeries and developed patented, life-saving medical technology. After discovering how diet could help his patients avoid surgery, he wrote the book, “Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution” in 2008 which outlines his unique nutrition plan for wellness. In April 2017, he released his second book, “The Plant Paradox” that further refines this revolutionary eating program, helping tens of thousands lose weight and reverse disease. His latest book is now a New York Times bestseller.
Eric says: Do keep in mind that finding “the right” diet is going to be different from person to person. I use a couple of these supplements myself (not all), and have realized increased energy levels, clearer skin, and much lower instances of common illness symptoms (i.e. cold/flu, and allergies).